Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Dawn

So, the eleventh month mark, that solid date, the number 9, has come and gone.  I'm heading toward the one year anniversary.  I told a friend last night that I am almost giddy ...that I have made it, that the year is approaching ...and I am still here.  It was an urgent prayer from the beginning, "please God get me through a year."
We've been told its really two years after you've lost a child that is considered early grief ...the shock lingers that long.  I believe that, but I also believe that the first year mark matters in a big way.  And truth be told, I didn't think I could walk this long in the grief of losing Phoebe ...and I have.  We all have.
There is only one reason ...God's grace, His tender care.  It's there for all of us ...just for the taking, if we ask and pay attention.  But it becomes even more powerful and present when so many pray and sacrifice for others, as so so many have done for us.  Thank you!  God's grace has enveloped us ...and helped us live.

Eternal rest grant unto Phoebe and may perpetual light shine upon her.  May she rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment