Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Graces

The day nearly done, tears and heartache at rest.  Six months behind me, six months closer ...many many graces came my way on this day.  Many, many things to say thank you  ...
1. A kind pastor who offered the Mass for Phoebe this morning ...thank you, thank you.
2. Beautiful tulips, bright pink and alert on my counter upon my return from Mass with a beautiful spiritual bouquet from a kind friend ...always sensing the way to my heart. ...thank you
3. A set of rosary beads  made from Phoebe's roses ...hand delivered on this day from a group of wonderful women who have graced my life for many years ...sharing laughter and tears ...and hope.  You all gave me a foundation in faith I never would have found on my own.  thank you.
4. Pansies planted for Phoebe, anchored by the Blessed Mother, a statue that stood watch at my parent's site for many years and brought to Phoebe by one of my sisters ...thank you!
5. Phoebe's long lost bracelet, searched and given up lost, long before she died ...found among her common things ...just waiting for today, now gracing my own wrist ...sharing molecules of her with molecules of me. I think this one was Phoebe's own gift ...her own little appearance for me today ...thank you, Phoebe
6. My late night friend who has a way of delivering things in the stillness (though tonight she arrived as the last agonies of the day were being eeked out) ...a gift of great proportion, so wonderful ...thank you.

We had a topsy turvey day ...lots of emotion and tears ...remembering ...and oh so missing our beloved.  But we laughed too ...and remembered.

Eternal rest grant unto Phoebe and may perpetual light shine upon her.  May she rest in peace.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment