Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Holy Saturday

Christ had died on the Cross ...the Cross of our salvation ...the cross of eternity.  I accept all this, believe all this ....but feel none of it.  Still, I know it to be true.  It is this day, the day after, the apostles mourned, aghast at what had happened to to the One they believed to be the Savior.  I know I would have been huddled with them, if I had not fled.  I know I would believe all was lost, that Christ lost in the end ...and so did all of us.  Only one, just one, believed and trusted all her Son had taught ...after three days He would rise again ...He would defeat death, claim victory for all ages ...for anyone willing to follow Him.  It was the one "full of grace," the one I lamented just days ago ...the first tabernacle of our beloved Christ, Blessed Mother who believed ...still ...on this dark day, the day of confirmed defeat, her son entombed, lifeless ...she still held to all the promises and with joyful anticipation rejoiced in His rising from the dead ...even before He rose. 
Today, I stand with her .... ride the wave of her belief, her trust, her love ...because alone, I am not there ...I need her mantle to hold on to, I need her to lead me, pave the way so that I might catch a glimpse of the Resurrection.  And I trust she will lead me there ....she always leads me to her Son.

Eternal rest grant unto Phoebe and may perpetual light shine upon her.  May she rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment