Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Slammed

Heaviness lay upon me in the wee hours of this morning.  The day nears its end, and I am glad.  It was a very rough day, easy tears, nausea, tremendous anxiety ...unrelenting ...and the why, why, why.  It settled for the day.  Someone had shared that the broken heart pain, the shatter of pointed edges residing in your chest, transitions as the grief moves on, not away, but on, and settles in your gut.  I felt that creeping change, amazed that what was described would happen ...in fact, had.  I don't know if it will travel back and forth, or stay here in my gut, leaving me twisted, uneasy.  One day, perhaps it will be such a part of me I won't notice it anymore.
I have a special bouquet of friends.  Its almost as if they take turns reading my mind.  Today, as I struggled to keep the tears at bay, force a smile ...stuff away the pain ...she handed me something and said it made her think of me.  The tears came.  Yes, it makes me think of me too ... thank you dear friend.  I had not seen this beautiful poem.  I wasn't meant too until today, when its poignancy would pierce me.  As I wrestle with how he holds me close and then seemingly lets go of me ...leaving me alone.

The Kiss of Christ

Lo, there He hangs
dying figure pinned
against the wood.
God, grant that I might
love Him
even as I should.

I draw a little closer to
share His love divine,
and softly hear Him
whisper,

"O foolish child of Mine
if now I should embrace
you, My hands would stain
you red,
and if I bent to kiss you,
My thorns would
pierce your head."

'Twas then I learned in
meekness
That love demands a
price;
'Twas the I knew that
sorrow was just
The kiss of Christ.



Tonight I offer the second joyful mystery, the Visitation for all of your intentions.


Visitation : Luke 1:42-45
And she cried out with a loud voice, and said: Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me? For behold as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy. And blessed art thou that hast believed, because those things shall be accomplished that were spoken to thee by the Lord.

See how the Holy Spirit greets the Virgin Mary through the mouth of Elizabeth: "Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb! And blessed art thou that hast believed, because those things shall be accomplished that were spoke to thee by the Lord."

Blessed indeed, for by this faith in the word of God the Virgin Mary became the Mother of Christ.

What finite creature has ever received honor such as this from the Infinite Being?

Mary gives all the glory to the Lord for the marvelous things which are accomplished in her. From the moment of the Incarnation the Virgin Mother sings in her heart a canticle full of love and gratitude.

In the presence of her cousin Elizabeth she allows the most profound sentiments of her heart to break forth in song; she intones the "Magnificat" which, in the course of centuries, her children will repeat with her to praise God for having chosen her among all women:

"My soul magnifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, Because He has regarded the lowliness of His handmaid... Because He Who is mighty has done great things for me And holy is His name." 


Eternal rest grant unto Phoebe and may perpetual light shine upon her.  May she rest in peace.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment