Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

St. Joseph Novena

The Feast of St. Joseph is March 19th.  Don't miss this chance to ask for his intercession.  He is a quiet saint, who will often answer your petition in an unexpected, even undesired way ...but in time, you see the glorious wisdom ...the perfection of his answer.  Of course, all things answered through him are the answers that are from God.  St. Joseph simply, and humbly begs on our behalf in a way we cannot ourselves ...because we aren't saints...yet.  On the left of this blog is a link to the Holy Cloak of St. Joseph Novena.  It is thirty days, rigorous, demanding ... but incredibly worthwhile.  It was passed on to me by a friend ...and if you could see just a glimpse of the holiness of this woman, in an instant you would be on your knees praying this novena. Begin today to say the thirty days so it ends on St. Joseph's feast day ...which will bring extra graces. 
I pray for many things, but I usually target three very specific intentions.  As you read these words you will grow in desire to serve God in the best way ...to be as holy, pure as you possibly can.  It will transform you ...while you pray for other things.  Phoebe was long ago entrusted to the security and protection of St. Joseph's Holy Cloak.  If his cloak was worthy of the child Jesus, surely I want my children to have a place there too.  I believe Phoebe now knows the intricate weave of this cloak and the protection it gave her while she was here with us ...and now she enjoys the grace of its beauty.

As I pray this novena ...I will surely include you and your intentions along with my own.

St. Joseph protect us and pray for us.

Eternal rest grant unto Phoebe and may perpetual light shine upon her.  May she rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment