Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Memories

New memories will only be made if we let them. And so ...off we go. Not as easy as I'd thought it could be. It feels a bit like betrayal ...but I know for sure it's not. One of my daughters asked me when we would go back to being the way we used to be, before Phoebe died. How do I answer that question? We will never go back there. That time of our family's life is now part of our past. It will take time, but we will one day feel normal again ...the "new normal" they say. Our memories all include that feisty girl. We need some new ones, so when we see her again she will smile at us for the life we went on to live ....I believe that through and through. And I know that God wants us to embrace the gifts, the grace he has for us. Our fists are clenched ...we need to open wide, unfurl those fingers to receive Him, to let Him take us by the hand and lead us into this next chapter of our life. We will put aside the distractions, the connections, that pull us away from each other ...and just be ...the new family we are. I wouldn't choose this if I had a choice ...but I will do all I can to accept and practice gratitude ...seeing the gift, the blessing even in the struggle, the loss.
While we strive to live unplugged ...I'll be praying for everyone who reads here. I'll be back ...with some new memories ...

Tonight I will pray the first Glorious Mystery for you and all your intentions ... Christ rises from the Dead ...

Eternal rest grant unto Phoebe and may perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Every time I see the picture of Phoebe sitting in that sunlight, I am amazed.

    Prayers.

    ReplyDelete