Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers' Day

The Most Important Person on Earth

"The most important person on earth is a mother.  She cannot claim the honor of having built Notre Dame Cathedral.  She need not.  She has built something more magnificent than any cathedral - a dwelling for an immortal soul, the tiny perfection of her baby's body ...The angels have not been blessed with such a grace.  They cannot share in God's creative miracle to bring new saints to Heaven.  Only a human mother can.  Mothers are closer to God the Creator than any other creature;  God joins forces with mothers in performing this act of creation ...What on God's good earth is more glorious than this:  to be a mother?"

-Joseph Cardinal Mindszenty

I love this, it is just a small part of a bigger quote and what is here is so beautiful, but does not touch upon the enormous generosity, openness, readiness and fullness of love that comes in such a unique way from adoptive mothers.  God's creation of souls begins in the womb, but is loved and nurtured even beyond ...in the arms of the day to day mother.

To all the mothers I know, Happy Mothers' Day.  You are my heroes, my beacons ...my ladder!

Love to all of you,  Carolyn

Eternal rest grant unto Phoebe and may perpetual light shine upon her and may she rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment