Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Feeling Small

This morning we'll head to Mary Immaculate of Lourdes for the traditional Mass.  A respite.  I find so much peace and hope there.  Other people are far more articulate expressing why the traditional Mass is so central to them.  I have trouble grasping words, but simply, I feel very small, very child like at that Mass.  God is so enormous and I can rest in Him.  I can simply "be".  I don't even have to worry about participating, making a loud response to show how invested I am with the community around me.  I can be quiet and prayerful (as much as my four year old allows).  The prayers anchor me.  The reverence soothes me.  I will find some peace and assurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment