Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Twists and Turns

Phoebe lived for adventure.  Her dad says she lived 90 miles and hour ...all the time.  She did.  Looking back on her brief life, she had a great many opportunities and adventures many will never even consider possible.  We've always lived in a sort of "vacationland."  By the sea, there are waves to surf, harbors to kayak, sandcastles to build.  Places to ride a bike,  plenty of trails to explore, cliffs to jump off.  Close enough that the only thing we have to consider is the tide.  Close enough that we could spend 5 minutes or ten hours at the beach, hidden in the woods ...adventuring, exploring, living life to the max.  Skateboarding, or more properly, longboarding was done right outside our door on a safe street with a nice steady slope that gathered speed and offered a decent ride.  Phoebe was always barefoot on those boards, and I would cringe thinking of the scrape she might endure.  The first snowy day, my girls have a tradition of running outside barefoot ...no doubt started by Phoebe.  She loved the wind, the rain, the heat, the cold, the wet and the dry ...all those sensations confirmed she was alive ...vibrant, part of this earth. 
She kicked a soccer ball with all the might she had.  I used to love to watch her play ...she was all power, all force.  She was alive, grabbing every bit of energy around her to prove it.  Phoebe was a force to be reckoned with. She still is.  Her adventure lives on.
I imagine that the intensity, which she lived here among us, will only be multiplied.  Whether she has already made her way to eternal life resting before God, or is being perfected in Purgatory,  she can pray for us, intercede on our behalf.  Expect that!  She can't answer our prayers, but she can certainly pray hard for us if what we are requesting is pleasing to God.  In that way, I think many of us will experience a great adventure.  I don't want to be timid ...I'll ask for everything ...protection, purity, virtue, faith for my other kids, her brothers and sisters.  And you can too because so many of you reading here love her and know her.  And she loves you right back ...even more now.  So ask, ask for her prayers.  Keep offering them for her ...she may really need them to reach her ultimate destiny, and if she doesn't, well, if she has a say ...she'll use them for us ...fair and square!  Phoebe was very fairness minded.  Just be prepared, you may be sent on quite an adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of you and Phoebe. As her friend Richard said: "Life is a roller coaster - and it's best to be in the front seat!" No wonder such kindred spirits connected - and live on here in those of us blessed by the adventure of loving them. Of course I'll continue to pray always for both of them (Richard also said - "Don't assume I'm there yet. Keep praying.") And I know they will pray with intensity for us.

    ReplyDelete