Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Logistics

Quite a few people have mentioned they've tried to comment on this blog but couldn't.  So, here's my advice ...I am seriously lacking in computer savvy, so be patient with me.  You need to get a gmail account.  It's easy and free!  I did it, which speaks to the ease and accessibility. Once you have that account, you can sign in and leave a comment ...which I would love to hear.  If anyone has better information, please share, so readers can have the access and dialogue they want.
Starting this blog has been a nice thing for me and I am glad people are enjoying it.  Part of why I wanted to write in this way is because I know how many hearts are broken over Phoebe's death.  I know that much of it is out of empathy for me, her mother, and the rest of our family ...and I am so grateful for the tender care and concern.  But the reality is, your  hearts are broken too.  Phoebe was a part of many people's lives.  Memories made include her in multiple families ...over seventeen years, whether at the beach, at parties, labor day movie night, late night bike rides downtown, babysitting, sneaking diet coke in the car, surfing, complaining about a friends beautiful renovation of a dilapitated cottage (Phoebe always thought it should have been left alone, even though the kitchen and back bedroom were sloping into the ground), having her sister and friends swim across a shipping channel (not quite, but close).   You get my point ...she helped all of us live large.  Friends were made and loved well.  Her friends' hearts ache as they struggle to make sense of her absence.  The sisterhood among them brought a constant joy to me.
I'm a social person, I love my friends ...generally, I like people!  We are taking good care of each other, loving each other well.  I want to comfort you all too, at least as much as I can.  We will move on, and we will live well.  Life is still good.  So let me hear what you have to say.
I am so glad to be surrounded by such wonderful people to share the missing, remember the loving, and cherish her "smile like the sun and her eyes that danced."
Goodnight sweet Phoebe!

4 comments:

  1. Your words inspire me. I look forward to reading your blog each and every day! Yesterdays made me laugh and cry...and laugh again. You are a very gifted writer and I'm sure Phoebe is very proud of her Mom for sharing this gift with all the people who care about you and your family. Love and prayers, Kelly P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing that you can think of us now, Carolyn. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops - just a little advice to readers on posting comments via your Google account ...
    After you create it, just check off that you want to stay logged in, so that way you can post from wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly,

    You have been part of Phoebe's life, perhaps not physically day to day, but through extension of those she loved well ...there you were and are along with you kids and husband. In fact, the family you are part of has been our model in many ways. Thanks for being generous in loving Phoebe and the rest of us!

    Gail,

    God's generosity can never be outdone. The generosity shown to me and my family has been beyond words. It is in giving that we receive, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. I believe it all ...

    Love, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete