Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year

I don't have much time today to write.  I am acutely aware as the calendar changes that ours will look very different this year.  Phoebe filled a lot of space in those little boxes ...not so as we pass into the new year.  2011 will have only two spaces filled for her ... that will truly remain hers.  Her 18th birthday and her first year anniversary will be significant enough, I guess.  I am sad to march into this next year without her.  But I hope it will be a year of healing and wholeness ...a year of new life, gratitude ....all things that bring us beyond survival and into a life fully embraced ...fully lived.  That is my hope. 

Happy New Year!

Eternal rest grant unto Phoebe and may perpetual light shine upon her.  May she rest in peace. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. This is my hope and my prayer as well. I love you. Meg

    ReplyDelete