Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Cute Story

It's late.  All the kids are in bed, asleep after a long evening of dancing.  Our niece was married today.  A first 'event' so to speak that included the whole family since losing Phoebe.  We had fun ... a lot of fun.  There wre moments for sure when her absence was gaping, but she was there in her own way.  Mary Claire was the flower girl.  And, in true Mary Claire fashion, she was darling.  Gibson, another five year old was the ring bearer.  He was simply adorable.  They were both part of the photo shoot.  Gibson's mother is lovely, and the two of us stood close by  making sure there were no disruptions.  Mary Claire and Gibson became friends, looking out for each other, laughing, running ...enjoying the day.  Mary Claire set the tone right away.

Gibson:  'Do you want to play?"
MC: 'okay!'
Gibson:  "Well, do you want to play tag ...or we could play house?"
MC: "Let's play tag"
Gibson: "We could play house"
MC: scrunches her face "No, I don't want to play house, I don't really know you at all ...Let's play tag!"

Off they run playing tag.  I found that dialogue so funny, and so wise on Mary Claire's part.  Five years old, good girl!  Keep it light.  And Gibson was a perfect little gentlemen.  He came to me and said, "I can help you with anything, that's what I'm supposed to do.  I can fix things, help you carry things, get things for you ...whatever you need." 
I hope all my girls are always that wise ...they're far more likely to find perfect gentlemen if they just don't play house with boys they don't really know. 

Eternal rest grant unto Phoebe and may perpetual light shine upon her.  May she rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment