Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Please Pray

Another mother begins her grief.  I'm hearing of a child that has died.  I don't know any details ...and it wouldn't be my place to tell anyway.  But surely, someone's child is dying everyday.  When we hear of one closer to home ...it hits hard.  I don't mean to dismiss the father or the siblings.  I know the hurting ...the profound sense of despair and loss ...like no other.  Pray for them ...hard please.  Pray for these parents ...these children who begin a life they never imagined.
See ...the thing is, when a child dies ...the hope we know does too.  For sure there are burdens that are heavy, beyond us, unbearable most moments of our lives...burdens that seem to rip us apart and want to destroy us.  But as long as their is life ...in this life ...their is hope, chance for a miracle, chance for things to be different.  But ...when a child dies ...their will be no more miracles for them, for us.  No chance to hold that child, fight with that child, laugh ...no chance to forgive, forget, build new memories together ...no chance to renew, restore.  It is all gone. Done.
It takes time and grace and a willingness to interiorly change our perception and perspective so that we might survive ...and grab hold of a hope far different than the kind we once knew. 
Please pray for this family ...and pray they find the people who can best help them live.
And pray for their child.  Please, just pray.
And I'll pray that this never happens to you.

St. Raphael, pray for us!

Eternal rest grant unto Phoebe ...and this child who has just died ...and may perpetual light shine upon them.  May they rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment