Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Empty

How do I give everything to God, when I feel like I've got nothing to give?
I'm trying hard to be grateful, to smile, to be kind.
What I would really like to do is shrivel up in a ball and cry.
This doesn't get easier, it only gets different.
I'm holding on ...and counting on God holding on tight to me.
I know He is ...even though it doesn't feel like it, but He is.
Today, I give Him my weakness, my sadness, my broken heart.
Today, I ask Him to hold Phoebe for me and let her know how much
I love her and miss her.
Today, I give Him all my confusion and frustration.
Today, I give Him this pathetic mother, who feels so lost and incapable of raising
her children, but trusting He will guide her.
Today, I beg for the day to pass so the sun might burn brighter tomorrow.
Today, I say thank you even though I don't feel thankful.

Eternal rest grant unto Phoebe and may perpetual light shine upon her.  May she rest in peace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment