Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tell Me a Story

Two nights ago, one of my daughters had a dream and at the end, she saw Phoebe.  Phoebe was standing, smiling, her hair down.  Lucy could only see her from the chest up and said it looked like she was in World's End (a 400 acre nature preserve behind our house).  As she looked at her, she knew Phoebe was happy ...and then, Phoebe laughed.  Lucy cried after she shared this with me.  I did too!  I've asked God for a dream ...and He heard.  He gave it to Lucy.  A treasure; lamplight to my feet.
If you knew her and if you would like, I'd love you to share with me a story about Phoebe.  There are lots and lots.  You can post it here in the comments, or send me an email:  carolynwalshpiw@gmail.com.  I know they'll bolster me. 
Thanks for reading and sharing.

Eternal rest grant unto Phoebe and may perpetual light shine upon her.  May she rest in peace. Amen

2 comments:

  1. Carolyn,

    It was deeply moving to read that God allowed this small consolation.

    I don't have a story about your Phoebe but I do have a something I wanted to share about Heaven.

    A few weeks back, I crawled into bed exhausted, said a quick good night to Jesus and shut my eyes. Not even a minute went by and in a very light sleep, I had a dream that there was one angel on each side of me took me by the arm and we flew way up until we were standing in front of a door. No other structure around it, just a door in the darkness. I asked out loud what it was and the door slowly opened. There was an amazing light and every care and worry melted away and there was an intense feeling of happiness like nothing that is even mortally possible and I knew it was Heaven.

    I've always imagined that being away from my family, my heart would be torn in Heaven. But it was just such an immersion in the light that I forgot everything else and every care melted away. There was nothing but elation.

    I know I wasn't that far into sleep because my own feisty (and sarcastic) consciousness was still kicking. I told Jesus how amazing it was but asked Him why oh why wouldn't He show me this when I could process it, I was too tired but I'd think about it in the morning and, I sure did. I'm still thinking about it.

    We know that Christ was acutely aware that the people nailing Him to the Cross were led astray. They knew not what they were doing and Christ interceded for them. We know that he does not have the same sentiments about the folks who lead others astray, right? It is better for them that they have a millstone around their necks.

    There are many things leading our children astray and some of those conflicts are deeply rooted in a spiritual war that a 17 year old does not have the maturity to overcome. She was a child, a baby really. If He understood the cause of the men who could touch His Flesh and Blood and not know He was God - and released them from the culpability of the actions that crucified Him, it stands to reason, He's going to be cutting children a little more slack.


    We are not omnipotent but we do have some pieces to the puzzle and what mercy when we are granted a crumb of grace to soothe our weary souls. I pray God brings you and your family many of these moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol,

    Thanks for sharing that dream ...a real gift. One of my greatest worries is whether or not Phoebe is safe and happy. I know she is, because whether Purgatory or Heaven, she has the promise of eternity with God. But the mother heart wants to see. Your dream helps me see ...Thank you!

    ReplyDelete