Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Missing

I miss her, that's all. There is nothing I can do, no change I can make, no words that will end the missing. It is not a complicated missing ...it's pretty simple. I returned tonight after an errand. In the dark I could see the reflection of a car in my driveway. My heart smiled ...it always did when I saw that car parked there. Saturday night around nine. Yes, so often one or both would be here. Brigid and Deirdre ...Phoebe friends. Their visits were always simple ...easy ....right. For a moment tonight, before reality set in, before I saw it wasn't there car ...I relished in that moment...remembering one of the sweetest parts of Phoebe's life. I never had a good handle on her other friends. They were nice enough, but no one melded into our family way like these two. People can search for one dear friend their whole lives ...never finding. At a young age Phoebe had found her dear friends ...she had known that extraordinary gift. And I am glad for that ...but I miss her ....more than anyone could ever know ...I just plain miss her.

Eternal rest grant unto Phoebe and may perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment